Thinking about selling your home and wondering how the process works? Check out some info below for a sample timeline for selling your home. Every sale is unique and can happen faster or slower so please contact us so we can review your current plans and goals.
• We sit down together for a relaxed and detailed conversation about how the whole process works.
• We walk around the whole property, inside and out, and talk about what improvements and repairs, if any, you may want to make.
• We talk about landscaping and whether you want to make any changes to increase your “curb appeal.”
• I take detailed notes about your property so that I can research how it compares to other recently sold properties in the neighborhood.
• We fill out some preliminary paperwork that allows me to begin work as your agent.
• We talk about any mandatory local requirements, such as Energy Conservation or Sewer Lateral ordinances, and order any relevant inspections and estimates.
• We go through your house room by room and decide which furniture and artwork you may want to leave in the house for showing, and which things you may want to put into temporary storage.
• I leave a Selling Disclosure document for you to fill out.
• We meet to discuss the findings of my market research and decide on an approximate listing price.
• We complete additional paperwork, including disclosure documents.
• If part of the plan, you move any unneeded furniture and belongings into garage or storage.
• Repairs and improvements such as painting, landscaping and handy work are begun.
• Repairs and improvements are completed.
• Mandatory requirements are completed.
• House is clear of extraneous possessions
• We complete yet more paperwork, including local, county, state, and federal requirements.
• House should be thoroughly cleaned, including windows inside and out.
• I photograph the interior and exterior of the home and begin to design my marketing materials.
• Market debut! Open Houses and private showings and intensive marketing of your home all commence. In general, my listings receive offers within the first 2 to 3 weeks of marketing.
• We receive offers. Once an offer is accepted and escrow is opened, you will not have to continue to show your home unless you choose to do so. However, you will have to grant your Buyer access to your home with reasonable notice for inspection and measurements etc.
• We will complete more paperwork including a purchase contract and any additional paperwork needed.
• A typical escrow lasts around 30 days, so if you are still living in the home you will need to start planning your next move
• Buyers complete any of their own inspections.
• Appraiser visits the property; loan process continues.
• Preliminary title report is generated and delivered for Buyer’s approval.
• Buyers complete the loan process, approve all existing reports and disclosures and commit to complete the purchase.
• You make final moving plans.
• Transfer or cancel all utilities.
• Time to move! House must be free of all personal possessions and “broom clean.”
• We sign your final transfer documents at the escrow office.
• Buyer’s loan is funded; Buyer signs closing documents.
• On the day escrow closes, you receive your proceeds check and hand over all keys.
You’re done! Typically, the process from preparing for market to receiving your proceeds check generally lasts from 30-90 days. However, keep in mind that the above process is infinitely adaptable and will be tailored to meet your specific needs. Please feel free to call us for a no-charge, no-obligation meeting to discuss your questions and needs.